A Slow Day At the Brain Cafe
I told myself that I'd write every day. So, here I am. Even if I don't feel up to it, I've made this promise to myself: write every day. Some days the ideas just fly off of the ol' brain griddle like hotcakes. You want a full stack of humor? Order up! I'll serve it to you with a side of hash browns and some sausage. Apple-turkey sausage, at that! On those days, I'm overwhelmed by excitement. Euphoria. I think that describes it pretty well.
On other days, the grill is closed. For whatever reason, good ideas don't take hold, or I don't have it in me to explore the ideas that do settle in. The batter doesn't even get mixed for the hotcakes. "Aw, fuck it," I tell myself, "I'm tired of thinking right now." But I have to write. For me. To stay honest with myself. I've made a promise.
On other days, the grill is closed. For whatever reason, good ideas don't take hold, or I don't have it in me to explore the ideas that do settle in. The batter doesn't even get mixed for the hotcakes. "Aw, fuck it," I tell myself, "I'm tired of thinking right now." But I have to write. For me. To stay honest with myself. I've made a promise.

4 Comments:
Can I have a side of chocolate milk with that, please?
Mmmmmmmmm
I have made that promise, too.
I have made that promise, too.
Chcolate milk for moon. Check. We'll put that on your tab.
Queenie, I see that you are determined to write! You've promised yourself twice!!
Post a Comment
<< Home