Sunday, December 12, 2004

Awake, Searching

I'm awake at almost 2:00 am. I fell asleep earlier, slept until midnight, and then woke up. I had a feeling that I might end up wide awake, and so I am. I was being held tight by the dogs. One on each side, holding the blankets taut over my body, holding my limbs stiff, my body in place, like a mummy. I became claustrophobic. I had to get up. Lights were on, my stomach was grumbling. I'm at a loss for stuff. I wouldn't say that it's writer's block, necessarily, but my mind just can't really wrap itself around much these days. The words don't want to come.

I woke up this morning, Saturday morning, in a cranky mood. I walked the dogs, on demand. Milo just wouldn't shut the hell up. He was driving me crazy with his whining and yammering. Yes, dogs yammer. Later on, I took our cat, Oscar, to the vet. Oscar has been having health problems. He's a 13-year-old brown tabby with a cough. The vet x-rayed him and told me that he had the feline version of CPOD. Oscar is also overweight, with a hyper-thyroid condition. He has an accelerated heart rate and a murmur, as well.

My aunt, an overweight, diabetic single-amputee with CPOD and Chronic Heart Failure, reminds me of Oscar. She's not quite 60 yet, and I think that she's in worse condition than Oscar is, but still, she reminds me of him. She's a cat person, too. I mentioned to Jen that maybe Oscar could go live with my aunt, and that maybe they could share oxygen (she's hooked up to the oxygen 24/7).

Anyhow, that's Oscar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home