Monday, February 07, 2005

Nepotism Rules

I was just thinking about nepotism today. Not because I have a job because of nepotism, but because you never hear about pet nepotism. You never hear about DEA agents or Customs officers doing stuff like trying to get their pet whippet hooked up with a dope- or bomb-sniffing job assignment. You'd never imagine an agent going into his boss and saying, "Um, sir, I know that there are some qualified Belgian Malinois' in the running for the position of Homeland Security Bomb Sniffer, but my little Doxy 'Dutchess,' really would like to fill the spot." A short bribe later, and what do you know...voila! Dutchess the Doxy is barking up a storm in the international arrivals terminal, biting kids and shitting on the luggage-go-round.

Well, it's not a paid position, but it's a funny thought.

I mentioned this to my co-worker Gail today, and she just sort of gave me a strange look. "I guess you had to be there," I said. What I should've said was "Good Times!"

"Where exactly is 'there'?" Gail asked me.

"Well, 'there' is actually 'here,' right now. But, it seems that you're 'here' and you still don't think it's that funny."

"Nope."

Guess you had to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home